Home Sweet Home
Bonjour, Buongiorno to my family and friends,
I am back home in SF now. Good to be home and see the Golden Gate bridge from my window. The flight back into SF gave me a beautiful view of the city and the bay. Comparing it to Paris from a birds eye view, this place is tiny. It is amazing that even with the three years of living here I still have not seen half of it. Now that I am well traveled I will have to give the city a try. haha. I hope to make it outside more this semester. Hopefully I will be entertaining some of the friends I have made on this trip. That will get me out into the city.
So the rest of my time in Paris was well spent. Went to Sacre Courve (Probably spelled that one wrong, but it is 3am Paris time and I am exhausted, trying to beat jet lag by staying up till a decent US sleeping hour) Anyhow, that chuch was beautiful and so was the Montmartre area that surrounded it. Saw the tiny little cafes, Had a Caffe Au Lait there as we watched the street painters. Beautiful. The church gave us a magnificent view of the vast city below. Even though my knee was killing me (Yeah, not sure why it hurts, but cold, stairs and walking were bringing tears with every step) the view we saw and the cafe au lait was worth it. Made our way down to see Moulin Rouge. Little did we know that it is in the sex area. Um yeah, a little racy. Took a picture of a chair that had a swiveling tounge in the middle of it. Interesting. Needless to say after one visit to a sex shop just for the hell of it (and the laughs) we were out of there. Maybe next time we will pick up a private dancer. haha just kidding.
Our hotel Prince De Galles, was more fabulous than we had ever imagined. It had yellow touile (sounds like twalh, could have spelled that one wrong too) It was great for the Paris effect but I would never want that in my house, especially in yellow. A little much. Our beds were sooooo comfty. The room was huge and just wonderful. A well needed luxury which might I add ran us as much as the cheapest hotel we could find for the prior night. At high season, Prince De Galles runs around 700 euro. We obviously paid much, much, much less than that. Try 65 euro and worth every penny. Wonderful.
We bought ourselves a bottle of wine after dinner along with a chocolate walnut brownie. Ran a hot bath, put the suits on, drank wine and soaked. Then when we were pruney enough we gave our feet the much needed love they deserved. The pumice stone (pierre ponce, in french, good to know if you need one in there). After a mini pedicure, painted the toes, cruised around in a fabulous bath robe, drank more wine and packed for our journey home. I was impressed with myself for getting four bags down to three and not leaving anything but paper behind. I got the packing genes from the mom I would have to say.
Made it to the airport in time to watch the sunrise. The colors were amazing. Ate more croissants, how could I not? Met a very good looking french man who was headed for SF as well. Boarded a big bus thing that took us to our plane. That was an experience. There I talked with Jean Louis, the frenchman, and learned he owns a business that makes the barrels that wine is aged in. He will be staying in SF a week. Annaliese wasted no time in securing a dinner date for me. hahaha. Maybe a return to France is closer than I think. hahah. I make myself laugh. It should be fun though if we go to dinner. At least he will know his wines and speak french. I guess you cant go wrong there.
So here i am, back in SF, with a pile of stuff on my bed, so wanting to go to sleep. I think the floor looks like a good place for all the stuff to be put away at this point. I will add pictures tomorrow possibly and maybe another blurb.
I SO ENJOYED all of your blogs, comments and love. I loved sitting down and reading your comments to my adventures. I laughed so hard at some of your comments. Thank you for making me smile, even on the days I was sad or frustrated. I love you all so much and I am so grateful that you were all able to share this experience with me this way.
Love to you all.
Ciao, Arrivederci, Au Revoir
Baci, Baci ( Pretty sure that is kisses in Italian)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home