I was carried away by a roman today

hahaha,
So today we woke up late, again. We have become notorious for doing that. But it didn't matter because we had to move our place of temporary residence by 11. So we moved from a really cute B and B to an even cuter b and b called bed and breakfast gli artisti. Check it out at www.bbgliartisti.com. It is perfect. We have a room big enough for 5 beds to ourself. Apparently they are really big on Ikea out here so everything is from there. Really cute decor. We are steps away from the Vatican which we will see tomorrow. We will take a tour with our new friend Alex or Allister *his given name. He was one of our tour guides today and just happens to be the guide for tomorrow.
So the day started with us getting on the bus and taking an endless trip to the Vatica with all of our bags. The bus turned out to be the wrong one so we ended up taking a taxi again to our place. I want you all to know I am ok with walking. It is my copartner in crime that likes the taxis.I know my aunties are thinking we walked everywhere in Paris. haha. Anyhow made it to the place and then worked our way to the Colleseum. It is massive. Luckily we were flagged down to take the tour and pay a little extra. We lerned so much that we would have never known. A site that would have taken literally 20 min took over two hours but at least it meant something and we learned all about it. Got sme great pictures and learned some great history.
Next we took the free tour of the Forum, which I still haven't figured out what the purpose was for. It was neat though. It was there we met Alex our tour guide. Oh I almost forgot. So on this tour of the colleseum we got to take a picture with a guy dressed as a roman soldier. He wrapped my arms around him haha and said dont worry, I am gay. *he was very good looking by the way. So that picture actually didnt turn out that well so later I asked to take another. So he Picks me up and takes a picture with me like that. Than he says to Annaliese, so I will see you later and starts to walk away with me. hahaha. I almost was taken home by a Roman. ha. Than I got my first Ciao Bella of the trip. Nice to hear since Annaliese has been already asked to be a mistress. ha.
So after our tour of the Forum Annaliese and i invited our Scottish-Italian guide Alex to coffee. We went to a place called Magnolias and had caffe and I had chocolate latte. There we met a few more friends of his, one who makes fedoras. We may be investing tomorrow. We have decided that tomorrow night (The italian sales start tomorrow) we are going to go out with Alex and his friends for a night out in Roma. Should be fun.
Later this evening we went to dinner right below our B and B to a great pizzeria. YOu will all be glad to know I ventured out to getting a pizza with onions and mushrooms. It was sooooo good and super cheap again. Had a great bottle of wine between annaliese and I while we talked with two English people from Knottingham. Yes where Robinhood takes place. They both work in health care so we discussed nursing, health care, welfare and schooling in the different countries. They were both very interesting people and I enjoyed talking with them. I hope we gave them a fabulous impression of americans. We invited them to email us if they come to SF and we will meet them for Dinner. I love traveling. You meet the bet people. But not better than all the people I love at home.
Whoops forgot to talk about the gyppsies on the metro. A bunch of women with stolen drugged babies that will pickpocket you. Really scary and wierd. Luckily the police made them get off of our train. Be careful cause they will throw their stolen babies at you and then have their other children steal your bag. Um yeah crazy.
Oh I forgot to mention about Venice that I Almost fell into the canal. hahaha I thought what a fun picture it will be in one of the back canals to be right by the water. Little did i know that it is really slippery down there. Um yeah, almost went in. it was really close. Thought you would all appreciate that one.
So after dinner here I am. Have to go to bed soon cause I have to wake up early for the Vatican. So excited. Alright I am sure there is more but today was a great sunny fabulous no drama day.
I love you all.
Please email your addresses to me if you want a postcard and your phone numbers if you want a short hello phone call. I forgot everything at home so I only have the numbers I have memorized. email kwynigear yahoo.com they dont have an at sign on this computer so between kwynigear and yahoo.com place an at sign.
Love you all.

1 Comments:
I can't believe we missed your call yesterday. I usually go home for lunch and would have been there if - so sorry. It would have been great to talk with you. But, I'm glad you didn't fall into the canal and I am anxiously awaiting the Vatican story. I can feel the joy coming through your writing - thanks so much for sharing with all of us. love cindy
Post a Comment
<< Home