Ahhh Roma

So Roma,
What a fabulous time we have been having.
We left Florence at about 11:00 for our train to Rome. We saw beautiful countryside this time. It was nice to just sit and relax and watch the world go by. It finally gave me some time to get some postcards done. Too bad no one will get them until I get home since the italian mail is so interesting and SLOW. It is funny because even the italians know it too.
Anyhow, got off our train, made it to our really cute place in Roma. We cheated and took a taxi because no one in the metro station (Italian firemen) could figure out where our street is. That worries me just a little. SO taxi. It worked out great. 5 Euro for no headache. Our B&B is called L Incanto di Roma. If you want to check it out website is www.incantodiroma.com Tomorrow we go stay in the sister house of this place really close to the Vatican. I cant wait to hear the church bells. That was my favorite part of Venice. The Bells. Anyhow this place is awsome except for the hour and half extra that replaced the I will be there in 15 min call. Found a great little pizza place though and once our bellies were full we were ok.
After getting settled, found our way on the bus system with no ticket. Whoops. Tried to pay on the bus and the guy was really confused. We figured it out later just in time to have a validated ticket and have it checked by the bus police. So we found our way down to Trevi Fountain which was beautiful so we could meet John and Cooper, the boys we met in Paris. We spent the afternoon cruising Roma. They had already been there for four days so we had walking talking history personal tour guides who knew the shortcuts. We saw the Vatican by night, the colloseum by night and a bunch of other stuff. We drank a bottle Chianti in some big piazza outside at the cute little tables at a wine bar. Then We went to dinner a this great resturant called Pancotto, which you all need to try. Best lasanga ever! We shared two more bottles of Chianti, had gelatto (fabulous) and crusied around with a bottle of limoncello. Apparently you can have open containers here? oh well if you cant. It was fun. DId not finish the bottle. I would have died. ANyhow, it was a great time, with great conversation and great company. It was so fun to meet up with these boys. They were a riot, and quite teh gentalemn. These were the kind of boys that would make sure they walked on the street side of the sidewalk. They were quite fun. Dont worry no pashing.
Today the boys left to go see the Ferrari museum in some random town. ANnaliese and I explored, found the BEST BEST pizza place of my life. You could taste the wood burning stove. soooo good. Then we saw st. angelos castle, the collesum by day, The spanish steps, more gelatto and a bunch of other stuff I cant remember right now. I do have more to say but There is a line for the computer so I am going to wrap it up. Figured out the phone card situation but no one was home of the numbers I have memorized. Bummer for me. Anyhow I love you all and I will forgive you if you just post. hahaha
Love you all
till tomorrow.

5 Comments:
I'm finally getting smart about reading your notes - I only read them while I am eating, that way I don't get so incredibly hungry from your descriptions. Even though I know what I am eating isn't even close to your pizza & chianti experieince !!
so glad you have kept the stories coming and can't wait to hear the next one. love cindy
enough pizza already, and there's an awfully lot of wine flowing. how about some artichokes, some asparagus in lemon sauce, some 'heirloom' tomato salads, etc. pizza is better there, but just as unhealthy. enough lecture.
aahh the spanish steps, aahh the coliseum, aahh the vatican. it sounds like a tourist brochure where you tick off the items, but now you know each place you visit has so very much more attached to it. what a treat you're able to experience it. have fun, fun, fun. love you
Hi Kim:
I am still hung up on la creme, but the pizza does sound awsome.
Very envious, you are seeing things I have only seen in movies. Keep having fun.
Love
Mary Ann and Herbie
hey kimmy..just here with the aunties...we all love you and are talking about you as we speak! the call today was fabulous..much needed! but you should focus on having fun and not calling me! Anyways im glad to see you are having such great food..i wish i was there with you!! well, hope you are having an awesome time and dont worry about showering. haha xoxoxxoxo meg
Big Daddy sez, glad to hear your having a great time! We look forward to your journal entries, keep em coming, but only after you have finished up for the day.
Don't know if you have time or what kind of area it is now in, but my old apartment used to be over by the Villa Ada on the 2nd floor and southwest corner of Via di Filomarino and Via Folgliano in Rome. The restaurant was a block north of there, on the right side (east side)of the street. If you feel adventurous, try the restaurant, they used to have the best Cannelloni. Its only been 44 years since I've been there. Menu and quality could not have changed that much, Ha Ha. Have a great time, be careful, and know that you have an awful lot of people that love you back home. Mom and Dad out, Peace out!
Post a Comment
<< Home