Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Firenze may be better the second time around

Oh I have to pee so bad but there is no restroom. I figure I have been raw with you all for the last two weeks I can tell you when I need to pee. After two and a half glasses of wine and two glasses of Limonecello I have to go pretty bad. But I will hold it cause I dont want to go across the street to the bar and pee. That means I would have to order a drink probably and um yeah one more and I would be maybe a little too tipsy. Had a great dinner in Florence tonight. Annaliese and I spent the night enjoying each other and talking about random fun things. I think it is really good that we are returning to places we have already been so we can enjoy the culture instead of taking a million pictures and running everywhere.

Had the most amazing gelatto tonight. Mandarino and fragola (strawberry) It was the perfect consistency and it was soooooo good. I ate it while Annaliese shopped for pretty underwear. I no longer have any use for those kind of things so I will eat instead. Luckily though since we are walking so much I have still managed to loose some weight. Amazing since everywhere I turn is another fabulous pastry. My legs are looking pretty damn in shape if I do say so myself. Okay I will stop. I am getting a little too raw. Tonight was a really fun night and I think the rest of our trip is going to be quite enjoyable.

I purchased another pair of shoes. So much for Tiajuana cause I found THE CUTEST pair here in Florence. They are blue and white striped. I will look like a sailor. I plan on purchasing an ensemble to match cause there is really cute stuff here. I will at least look for a sailor looking outfit. haha. Limonecello. I love it. just kidding. No I am not. >At least I am having a good time. hahah I am making myself laugh. Anyhow also purchased a beautiful skirt. Member Tamie how I said I wanted a pretty skirt from Spain. I didnt make it to Spain but at least I will come home with a skirt. It was half off from a store called Expensive. I was laughing with Annaliese about the fact that in the US, people think they are pash by naming their stores in different languages other than english. Here I wonder if they name them in english so we know what they are or if they are also trying to be Posh. The things you wonder about while in Europe. I am very happy with my purchases and will treasure them for a long time. I am soooo excited about my shoes. I love shoes. ha

So today we took a train from sorrento to naples where our train was 45 min. late. We sat across from a Friar. Yes he was also a priest. very nice man and gave us some ideas of places to visit while in the area. Also happened to sit in the car where a stowaway was. He was a drunk. Had a bottle of wine and was smoking inbetween the two cars where you are not supposed to smoke. A little scary but at least a man of the lord was with us. Luckily our friar informed the train ticket taker of the man and he was done away with in Rome. Arrived in Florence late in the day but the train ride was nice. It was a time of refelction. I managed to read the AAA travelers guide on Florence and learned the ettiqutte of ordering in a Bar. I had a caffe latte today. Wonderful here. I might have to drink them in the states. They will never be as good though.

So our place here in Florence is cute. Wont be staying there tomorrow night because Igor (actually we dont even know his name, we named him that) is an Igor of a person. He is there 24 hours and day and has to let us into the building. We cant take our keys. He also doesnt talk very much. Maybe Lucca or Cinqueterra tomorrow. Not really sure and that is the beauty of it. I guess we will decide once I have peed.

So we shopped today. Went to Louis Vitton to get Annalieses boyfriend a wallet. I have realized that I will never be able to spend that kind of money on a pair of shoes. O kay maybe on a pair of shoes. But that place is outrageous and I am not sure I am even down with the quality of their products. I would rather go to the flea market here in Florence and get four times the amount of stuff. Plus we werent really dressed for the occasion. Looked like I had been traveling for quite awhile even though I took a shower today haha. You would all be proud. I didnt take one picture today. I just enjoyed the moment. I took too many in the grotto yesterday and regretted not just enjoying myself. I have great pictures though.

Alright I think I might be done for the night. I will keep you all posted on what is next. I am like a feather in the wind. I know that was a little poetic. I love all of your posts. I wish we could have seen pompei but time did not permit. Just another reason to come back. Jen, awsome that you posted. So good to hear from you. To all I love you and I am thinking about you. See you all soon. Have a beautiful day and I will have caffe latte and a crema for you. Oh and some gelatto, a glass of wine and some limonecello too.
mmmuuuwwwahhhhhh
Kim

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kim - More shoes...I'm soooo jealous! What a time you are having. I have been reading everyday and feel like I am there with you. How fun is that? What no potty in the hotel room. Too wierd. Thanks for making me laugh. The "raw" Kim is very funny :-) Keep enjoying and stay safe!!!
Mary & JoAnna

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our camera broke the first week of our nine week trip in Europe. In Germany a very nice man wisely told us that our eyes were our camera. I would add to that: memories are the photos and leisure the album. You're smart to just put the camera away for a bit and just absorb the experience.

Love, GF

5:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you crazy kitten. I'm glad you are enjoying yourself. It is so nice to know that you are happy, and I know you happy cause you got yo self sum shoes! I don't really spell like that, it was intended. Today is my day off, me and jen are going to the movies to see Matchpoint. You probably are going to have a much better day. Love you and I will be waiting for your message. Love you beautiful! Your big sis.

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure whether I should commend your fast thinking and typing or your patient bladder. I would have wet my britches if I had to write that much before visiting the Loo. Sounds like you have really gotten into the swing out there.
I like to set the camera asside too, but I love my photo's from my trip to Paris. It really jogs my memory; but then so does you blog.
Not sure about a sailor outfit, maybe in CA, or on a cruise. Better to pick up a sailor and experience a little "Pashing"?
love and energy sent to you
Cutest aunt Jo Ann

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'see naples and die' goes the proverb. instead, see italy and then live long enough to see the rest of the world. the 2xfirenze experience is a good lesson - enjoy the moment.
hope you've slept off yesterday's moment, and can find some off the beaten path excursion to fill the soul. love you; pls take care. #1 aunt

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sister is turning into an alcoholic. But the wine and limoncello does sound good to me. bring some back ya?
xoxox meg

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home