Ciao to Florence
Hello all,
Today still in Florence. Have to make this a quick one because Annaliese and I are taking turns watching the laundry and using internet. I have 15 min. SO Florence. Finally got that great Italian meal tonight. Had tortolini bolgonese. I am sure I spelled that wrong. Anyhow, so good to have a good and CHEAP meal. My pasta was 5.50 Euro and a 1/4 carafe of Chianti was 2 euro. What a deal. So glad to get a really good meal.
Went and saw one of my best friends who has been living in Florence for the past couple of months. It was so good to talk with her especially because I have been a little sad the past two days. It is hard traveling with someone you have never traveled with. Although I love Annaliese there are times where it is really hard. Our travel styles are a little different and we do have some clashes. for the most part though things are really good. I am having still such a great time.
Today we went to the Uffutzi and Academica. Saw the statue of David which was amazing, saw The birth of Venus, and some unfinished works of Michalangelo. Went to the leather market and bought a real Italian leather purse. It is beautiful and made of waterbuffalo leather. I paid a lot for it but it is one of my treats for myself. I will have that purse till I am old and grey. ha. Annaliese bought a beautiful leather train case. We went down to this old Italian mans storage room (He was sooooo harmless, dont worry) and he showed us all of the stuff he doesnt always bring out. Beautiful things. I wanted everything. Just walked around the rest of the day. Now we are doing laundry.
I have to go now but tomorrow is Rome. 5 days there and the Vatican which I am so excited for. I will keep you posted.
Love you all and keep posting. Send me your love because I need it right now.
Kim

8 Comments:
Hi Kim - What no Prada (My Fav)! We miss you here in Simi, so much to tell you. Our office moved to Rhode Island...Yes... Rhode Island... AHHH!! Call us when you get back. In the meantime take deep breaths and take in everything. You are on a once in a lifetime journey. Many of us old folks have never had the opportunity that you have right now.
The Vatican...How cool is that? Mary & JoAnna
Hi Kim
Don't let that sad thing hang on too long. It happens to me too sometimes when I travel, but before you know it, the feeling passes and you are back to having a good time. Your on-line diary is great inspiration for me in planning a trip for Steve and me to Europe, so keep it coming.!! Take care, enjoy and know we will all still be here when you get back - love cindy
Kim, don't forget to try to find the square with the building where Galiloe was tried when you're in Rome (we sent you information on it before you left, remember?). If you succeed in finding it, I want you to tell me all about it when you get home.
XXOOXO, GF
Kim, this is sounding like such a great trip. and even the parts you think are bad will look good after you get home!
Keep up the writing when you have time - we love it!
aunt sandy
Big Daddy sez, We feel like Mission Control on a space mission. We only get to hear, smell, eat, and experience the trip through your eyes and keyboarding. I don't know how much time you have in Rome, but my family stayed in Rome in an appartment on Via Di Filomarina for 9 months when I was very young.
There was a restaurant (yes Italian food)just up the street called Giovanni's (probably 3,000 named Giovanni's in town) that over time allowed me in the kitchen to make my own Pizzas.(not a bad sales job at 8 years old) My sister Karen had one of her friends visit Italy several years ago who stopped in at this restaurant and although the original owner that I knew (yes his name was Giovanni) had since died, his family stilled owned the place and wanted to hear everything about our experiences and the original owner. Just a sidebar story to give a little history. All this travel is very tiring and even the best and closest of friends can get on edge. Take a deep breath and remember you are a mission for all of us back home in the good old US of A. You can be sad and tired when you get home. Sleep in till noon for 3 days straight, when you get home. Gotta go,
Loving and missing you,
Dad and Mom
Big Daddy sez, We feel like Mission Control on a space mission. We only get to hear, smell, eat, and experience the trip through your eyes and keyboarding. I don't know how much time you have in Rome, but my family stayed in Rome in an appartment on Via Di Filomarina for 9 months when I was very young.
There was a restaurant (yes Italian food)just up the street called Giovanni's (probably 3,000 named Giovanni's in town) that over time allowed me in the kitchen to make my own Pizzas.(not a bad sales job at 8 years old) My sister Karen had one of her friends visit Italy several years ago who stopped in at this restaurant and although the original owner that I knew (yes his name was Giovanni) had since died, his family stilled owned the place and wanted to hear everything about our experiences and the original owner. Just a sidebar story to give a little history. All this travel is very tiring and even the best and closest of friends can get on edge. Take a deep breath and remember you are a mission for all of us back home in the good old US of A. You can be sad and tired when you get home. Sleep in till noon for 3 days straight, when you get home. Gotta go,
Loving and missing you,
Dad and Mom
hey, florence was one of my favorites - check out the pitti pallace. do they still seat you at a table with strangers there? met a great lawyer from hong kong that way. gf means galileo, and i forgot to send the info, so good luck finding that spot. and we got along every minute of our long trip, of course. laugh it off, girl, and pray for that stronger back. watch for antiquities just strewn along the train route, roadways, etc. along the way to rome. what a country! eat fresh vegetables and fruit, pls. you're doing great!
Hi Kim, this is your favorite Antie Jo Ann. I can't tell you how much I look forward to reading this blog every morning. I could remember how I felt in Paris, and how exciting and sometimes uncertain it was to travel in a strange place. Of course traveling with my sisters was always a pleasure, we never dissagreed about anything. Except places to visit, route to take, time to get up, and where to eat! Still, I would travel anywhere anytime with my sisters! Say Hey! to this new pope guy for us all. And don't worry about spending $. My only regret after Paris was that I didn't buy enough stuff. Sounds like you are making great choices. You can stuff the new handbag full of bills and still walk around with a smug smile, " My bag? Yes , it is lovely. I got it when I was in Rome."
Sleep when you get home!
joann
Post a Comment
<< Home