Thursday, January 05, 2006

Bonjour From Paris

Bonjour from Paris

It is 2:00 here, Paris time. Well where do I start. Our plane was delayed till 7pm and we arrived in Paris yesterday (which is Wednesday here) at 2:00. Apparently to buy a train ticket to Paris you need a card with a chip in it which neither of us have. So luckily we found a nice boy named Justin who works at the Opera house in Paris. He was originally from SF so it worked out nicely. An interesting soul but very helpful. He said he would be our guardian angel for the day. (Mom you were right) We gave him money and he bought our tickets for us. Then we took the train into Paris only to get lost in the metro station. Everyone we have met has been very helpful. Luckily we somehow made it to our hotel the Westin Paris. So Um yeah, don't wear tennis shoes in Paris. They followed us around like we didn't belong there. Maybe just because we had our backpacks and I had tennis shoes on. It was a bit discriminating. Other than that though this hotel was great. Our window overlooked the streets of Paris and Oh IT SNOWED this morning. We went out last night and walked around the city. We saw the Place Vendome which was beautiful. We ate at a brassiere called chez Flottes. It was pretty good. The best French onion soup. I was going to try the Fish but ended up with pasta because I didn't know the word for "no bones". It was an experience but very expensive. Everything here is. It was 12 euros for this 30 min on the computer. We tried signing up for the internet in our room last night but then our keyboard broke and we couldn't type. So here we are. We also met another man named Mike who was staying in our hotel. He was also from SF. He helped us make a phone call and gave us tons of travel advice.

We overslept this morning until 12:00 Paris time. Whoops. But at least we are refreshed and ready to see the city. We haven't seen much but hopefully that will change. We will now grab some lunch and head to our hostel. Wish us luck. We booked our overnight train to Venice for the 7th. So on the 8th we will be there ready to explore.

So I will update you all on Paris soon enough. We are going to hit the Louvre today and some other sites. I also HAVE to buy some boots so I don't look like a criminal. I love the french language, so pretty. I can't say much but I was able to say L'addition is vous plat last night which asks for the check please. Alright I think that brings us up to speed. Things have been a little bumpy but I think everything will turn out alright. I am having a great time and it is wild to think I am in Paris. Alright I have got to get off this thing and go explore. Plus I am starving for a crossiant!!

Much love to you all and keep commenting. MMmmmuuuwwwahhh
Au revoir

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow- I can't believe you are there either !! Sounds like you will have the adventure of your life, meet so many great people and have a blast. Don't worry about the bumps along the way - Keep the stories coming - you made my day today reading your email
love cindy

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kim - It's wonderful to hear from you especially that you are in Paris! Thanks for letting us know about your blog site. We will have fun seeing Europe through your eyes. Keep safe but most of all we know that you will have the time of your life. Loads of memories for your memory bank!
Mary & JoAnna

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

guess i'm the last to figure out this web thing. everything sounds wonderful so far, even the glitches in transportation. you'll get the hang of it.
stop blogging us and get out and soak it all in.! p.s. paris, florence, etc. all look quite good before noon - sleep at home.
you should get some good tips from the hostel set. love you

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home