Thursday, January 05, 2006

A Room For Six Si Vous Plat

Okay,

So I know I am shouldn't be blogging twice in one day but it just worked out that way. Plus after paying 12 euros at the hotel for 30 min. 2 euros for the same 30 min seems like quite a deal at our hostel. We are staying at the Young and Happy Hostel on 80 Mouffetard in Paris France. It is in the latin quarter of Paris and I already love it. It is perfect. Tiny streets, good cheap food and plenty of cobblestone. After a perfect dinner for 5 euro we cruised around and saw the Pantheon. Oh My it is beautiful and huge. I just stood in awe for a minute. Oh and dinner was the best quiche I have ever had, a salad, a glass of rouge vin and a citron tarte. It was the best meal I have had yet here in Paris and the cheapest. Although I could easily live off of crossaints for the rest of my life. I also had such a tasty sandwich on a baguette today. Oh and you will all be happy to know I purchased a pair of boots. SO expensive but so comfortable and super cute. It was worth it. So was the experience of trying to buy a pair of waterproof boots in a store where no one spoke much english. It worked though. Somehow I got my message across and had a great laugh with the people doing it. My feet are so comfortable and no one is looking at me funny anymore. So glad to keep hearing your comments. Keep them coming. It is hard not being able to call but figuring out the phones seems like a waste of time and money.

So tomorrow it is off to the Louvre and the rest of Paris. We are going to do a tour so we can se everything we want to see. Luckily we can get off and back on at the places we want to spend more time at. We have gotten some great advice from all the people we have met at the hostel. Our room sleeps six. We have a girl from Santa Cruz, how funny is that, a guy from Australia and two fun Asian girls from Australia. They taught me a new word. Pashing. It is the equivalent of making out in Australia. I laughed so hard with them. I am so happy we are staying with other people so we can find out all the places to go and not go. We or maybe just I depending on if Annaliese wants to go or not will be going out tomorrow for a night on the town. Should be super fun. I am excited. Maybe there will be some pashing with a Parisian. hahaha just kidding, I just wanted to use that word. So I love these girls. I spent at least an hour talking with them and laughing. They can't get over the 12 euro internet. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

I want to buy everything in sight here. Everything is so beautiful. It is hard because I am on vacation and it is easy to say oh well I am on vacation. Just do it. But we haven't even made it to Italy yet where all the beautiful shoes and purses are. And anyone who knows me, knows shoes are one of my weaknesses. Luckily we come back to Paris before we leave. I will have to shop till I drop then when I won't need anymore money. ha.

I finally feel like I am on the trip I am supposed to be on. It was a little bumpy at first, still fun but I think I almost like the hostels better cause people are so fun and interested in the things you are. It makes me want to travel forever. I have to get a lot of it done by the time I am 26 so I can keep getting the discounts. haha

Okay I am done. I love sharing all my adventures this way. I am having an amaing time and I am so happy I am on this awesome trip. It so far has been worth every penny. I love you all and will be thinking of you when I am not thinking about all the wonders of Paris tomorrow. Until then.
Au Revoir.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you so much kim! you make me laugh! sounds like the food is amazing...i think i will make the trip just for that! forget the sights...eat the food!! i wish you could send me back some but i think you will probably eat enough for the both of us. I hope you have fun going out tonight! just dont drink too much of their wine!! love you lots...its fun hearing how you are doing! xoxo

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the updates,the tour of the city is great idea,it was 20$$when I was there, I took the one on the double decker bus with no driver on the top(joni mitchel song).hope you visit notre dame and if you do go up the little stairs to see the gargoyles. take lots of pics...with you in them. keep on sending updates even if there one liners. loveyou mom

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saisissez le jour ! Explorez la ville que vous aurez le temps pour dactylographier plus tard

Appréciez la ville de l'amour, et essayez de voir autant que possible.

Vous pouvez avoir une carrière d'écriture dans votre futur ; vos descriptions nous font la sensation comme nous sommes avec vous. Nous vous aimons, avons un grand temps et ne nous portons pas dehors

Translation:Seize the day ! Explore the city you will have time to type later)

Translation: Enjoy the city of love, and try to see as much as possible.

Translation:You may have a writing career in your future; your descriptions make us feel like we are with you. We love you, have a great time and don't wear yourself out
Love Dad

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, so we should''ve consulted your dad's translation service. i just knew you'd get good advice in the hostel. glad you found a good one, and like your roomies. most people you meet will be wonderful - keep an eye peeled for the scammers. looks like we worry about you more than you really need, but that's our job.
it's a fantastic city, enjoy every moment. remember, everything you buy, you carry. eat a croque monseur for us. love, your aunties.

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big Daddy sez: non de l'OH ! J'ai été découvert !

Laissez-le soin aux tantes à hors de mon service de traduction !

Translation: Oh No! I've been found out! Leave it to the Aunties to out me!

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWESOME - that's the type of story I was dying to hear. Have a croissant for me. love cindy

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kim:
Loved hearing about your trip so far and can't wait to read about your next adventure. Live each moment and enjoy every minute of it as these memories you are making will stay with you forever.
Miss you and look forward to your next chapter. Please take care of yourself. We love you
Herb and Mary Ann

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I am late coming to this party but way to go Kimmi!!!
I envy you every minute of the trip. I always wanted to see paris in the snow - does not happen often. course, I would like to see it anytime.
Have fun , don't miss sacre cor!
aunt sandy

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home